Friday, March 9, 2012

And then she said

And then she said,
"What do you think?"

Here is the conversation
that went on
in the control room
of my mind.

"Well, captain,
we know from previous encounters
with this life-form
that if you answer,
she will get angry
and ask why
you never agree
with anything she says,
and if you don't answer
she will say that you
never say what's on your mind."

"So, you're telling me
I'm screwed either way."

"Yes, captain, I am."

"Ok then, raise the shield
and put us on red alert!"

"Captain, our shields
aren't functioning against her!"
She knows the security codes
too well!"

"I hate to have to do this,
lieutenant, but activate
the auto-destruct sequence."

Now back to the real world
for the conclusion,
where I say,
"I'm breaking up
with you."


-Jim DuBois
April 29, 2001?

No comments: